Have you ever undergone a lash-enhancing procedure with extensions, only to find them falling out within a week or two? While it's normal for eyelash extensions to gradually fall out as your natural lashes complete their growth cycle, experiencing excessive and premature falling without natural lashes attached can be quite frustrating.
In this article, we will explore the potential reasons behind early lash extension fallout, aiming to help you understand how to make your extensions last longer and preserve the remaining lashes for an extended duration. By identifying and addressing the causes, you can ensure that your lash extensions stay in place, lasting beautifully.
5 reasons why eyelash extensions fall out
The natural growth cycle, poor aftercare, the use of oil-based products, excessive rubbing or pulling, and certain medical conditions are all potential causes of premature loss of eyelash extensions. It may fall out sooner if extensions were applied far too heavily in comparison to natural lash strength. Having this knowledge can help you keep your lash extensions looking great for much longer.
The use of eyelash extensions, which make natural lashes appear longer and thicker, has exploded in popularity in recent years. It's frustrating when these add-ons start falling out before they should. Let's investigate the primary causes of natural eyelashes falling out ahead of schedule.
Natural Growth Cycle
Our natural lashes have three stages of growth: growth, resting, and shedding. This cycle usually lasts a few weeks. As new lashes grow, older ones reach the end of their life cycle and fall out naturally. Because lash extensions are attached to individual natural lashes, they will eventually fall out. Each natural lash has an average lifespan of six to eight weeks before falling out.
Inadequate or incorrect aftercare can contribute to premature lash extension loss. It's critical to follow the aftercare instructions provided by your lash technician after getting lash extensions. This includes avoiding salty water, steam, or heat exposure during the first 24-48 hours after application. Touching, rubbing, or pulling on the lashes can cause the bond to weaken and the extensions to fall out prematurely. Furthermore, premature lash extension loss is possible if you do not remove makeup before going to bed.
Use of Oil-Based Products
Certain oil-based products, such as makeup removers, cleansers, and mascaras, can weaken the adhesive used to secure lash extensions. The oil has the potential to weaken the bond between the extensions and the natural lashes, allowing them to detach more easily. To ensure the longevity of your lash extensions, use oil-free, lash-friendly products.
Excessive Rubbing or Pulling
Rubbing or pulling at your lashes, whether due to irritation or inadvertence, can result in premature lash extension fallout. Constant tugging weakens the bond between the extensions and the natural lashes, causing them to loosen and fall off. Avoid any unnecessary contact with or rough handling of your lashes.
Certain Medical Conditions
Some medical conditions and treatments can negatively impact lash health and growth, resulting in premature lash extension fallout. Alopecia, blepharitis, and trichotillomania can all have an impact on lash growth and cause them to become weak or brittle. If you suspect that you have any underlying medical conditions that are contributing to your lash concerns, you should see a doctor.
It is essential to adhere to the aftercare instructions provided by your lash extension specialist, avoid using products that contain oil, refrain from rubbing or pulling at your lashes, and treat any underlying medical conditions, if necessary, in order to maintain and extend the lifespan of your lash extensions. You can have beautiful lash extensions that last for a longer period of time if you follow these steps.
What helps eyelash extensions stay on?
Maintaining and caring for your eyelash extensions in the correct manner is essential if you want them to last for an extended period of time. Here are some pointers that can assist you in keeping your lash extensions in place:
- Gentle Handling: Avoid touching, rubbing, or pulling at your lash extensions. The more you handle them, the higher the chances of them becoming loose or falling out prematurely. Be mindful when washing your face, applying makeup, or using any products near your eyes.
- Avoid Oil-Based Products: Oil-based products, including makeup removers, our Flawless foam cleansers, and mascaras, can weaken the adhesive bond of lash extensions. Opt for oil-free alternatives to prevent the breakdown of the adhesive and promote better retention of the extensions. Use makeup products like Flawless Eyeliner specifically designed and formulated to suit lash extensions.
- Regular Cleaning: Keep your lash extensions clean by gently washing them with a lash cleanser or a mild, oil-free cleanser. Use a soft brush or a lint-free applicator to remove any dirt or debris. Clean lashes are less likely to accumulate buildup, which can weaken the adhesive bond.
- Refrain from Excessive Moisture: Avoid excessive exposure to salty water, steam, or humidity for the first 24-48 hours after getting lash extensions. Using our Insta Cure ensures safety in water, steam, or humidity. Excessive moisture can interfere with the adhesive's curing process and weaken the bond. After the initial period, it is still important to avoid prolonged exposure to moisture to maintain better retention.
- Regular Fill-In Appointments: Lash extensions naturally shed as part of the lash growth cycle. To keep your lashes looking full and to replace any lost extensions, schedule regular fill-in appointments with your lash technician. This ensures that any gaps or sparse areas are filled in, maintaining the desired look. The application of excessively long or thick extensions can result in an increase in the loss of natural eyelashes. This occurs because the weight of the extensions stresses the natural lashes, causing them to deteriorate over time. As a result, the natural lashes may shed prematurely to compensate for the additional weight.
Using professional products from Flawless Lashes guarantees the use of high-quality, safe, and dependable products designed specifically for eyelash extensions. These products are rigorously tested and formulated to complement eyelash extensions, providing optimal retention and enhancing the overall appearance of your lashes. By selecting professional products, you can rest assured that you are taking the best care possible of your lash extensions.
Flawless Lashes is a reputable and trusted company in the beauty industry, renowned for our commitment to lash safety and high-quality products. Our extensive selection of professional products is designed to meet the requirements of both lash artists and enthusiasts. With a focus on innovation and superiority, we continually strive to deliver products of the highest quality that produce exceptional results.
By selecting Flawless Lashes as your go-to brand for lash extension supplies, you can be confident in our products' quality and efficacy. With our expertise and commitment to lash safety, we set the industry standard for excellence, ensuring that your clients' lashes remain safe, beautiful, and durable. Trust Flawless Lashes to enhance your experience with eyelash extensions and help you achieve the stunning results you desire.