Back To Work Lashes: Extensions vs Strip Lashes
Business is slowly returning to normal and we can’t wait to see our clients and artists being able to perform beauty treatments again.
Months of sitting at home in trackies, binge-watching the latest Netflix series and baking numerous soda bread loaves has been great, but it’s time to get back into our normal routine.
What better way to feel prepared for going back to work than to get those lashes prepped for looking fabulous in front of colleagues and clients. After so long of our beauty regimes being neglected, it’s important for our mental wellbeing to start looking after ourselves again.
We understand that not every lash artist is open at the moment, or perhaps you don’t quite feel ready to have a treatment yet, that’s why strip lashes are a great alternative!
We’re here to bring you all the information for eyelash extensions vs strip lashes so you can make the right choice when returning to work for your lash needs.
We love all things lashes here at Flawless Lashes by Loreta and our eyelash extension courses ensure that our artists have the best training and give their clients the most amazing results.
Lash extensions are semi-permanent false eyelashes that are individually and meticulously applied using lash adhesives on the natural lashes.
- Lash extensions last anywhere from 4-6 weeks, this reduces your ‘getting ready’ time each morning and gives you those precious extra minutes in bed!
- You have control over the length and volume, your lash artist will also provide their expertise to make these look as great as possible and lash mapping will mean they suit your natural lashes and eye shape.
- Despite being fake, they look really natural! Most people can’t tell you are wearing extensions and it looks like you are naturally blessed with fluttering fans.
You can get them wet straight away if you used our Instant Cure, so if you like to use your lunch break to go to the gym, you can easily shower afterwards without worrying about your lashes.
- There is no need for mascara, these extensions look great on their own. No more faff with mascara in the morning and it saves you money not having to buy any.
- Lash extensions need a professional to apply them, there are plenty of DIY kits available in some beauty stores, but you should never apply extensions yourself.
- They are more expensive than strip lashes, prices vary between lash artists and the supplies they use, even your location can cause prices to vary.
- They are time-consuming, appointments can last anywhere between 1.30 and 4 hours, depending on the lash artist.
- If you don’t choose a properly trained lash artist, you put yourself at risk of eye infections, injury and even loss of sight! Always check the qualifications of any lash artist before making an appointment.
Strip lashes are a good alternative to lash extensions, these are sections of lashes glued onto a strip that can be applied at home.
- They come in numerous styles and colours, from natural every day to night time glam, you can even get glitter lashes for a great festival look.
- They can be reused multiple times if properly looked after. This reduces waste and saves you cash.
- Can be applied at home, meaning you don’t have to make a trip to the salon for a lengthy appointment.
- They are more noticeable in photos, so if it’s a special occasion, such as a wedding, you’ll look great for the camera.
- They are much cheaper than eyelash extensions, so if the treatment is out of your budget, you can still look great.
- They need to be applied each morning, over time, this will get easier but for a strip lash novice, this can be time-consuming to do every day.
- They can not get wet, so going to the gym, swimming or having a shower throughout the day is out of the question, unless you remove them and reapply.
- To keep strip lashes looking great, they need to be cleaned after each use and properly dried out. If this isn’t done, you risk only getting one wear out of them.
- They have to be taken off at night, which can seem arduous after a long day at work.
- If not applied properly, they could fall off or become wonky during the day, leading to a look you really don’t want.
- If you don’t choose the right ones for your eye shape, they can end up looking unnatural and even unprofessional.
- Depending on the strip lashes you have chosen, you may need to purchase the glue separately, leading to extra costs.
We may be biased, but we love lash extensions and if you can opt for these, we think there is no better option.
However, lash extensions may not work for everyone, budget, time or even just not feeling ready to visit the beauty salon shouldn’t mean you can’t have great lashes.
With these pros and cons, you should have a good idea of what works for you. Remember, there are no wrong choices if it means you will feel comfortable and look your best.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.